Tag: Business Tax

1099-NEC Forms Due Jan 31

Businesses and self-employed individuals that pay individuals and businesses $600 or more for services are required to issue 1099-NEC forms. Formerly, these payments were reported for form 1099-MISC; however, the IRS created a new form solely for Non-Employee Compensation (form 1099-NEC). Generally two copies of 1099 forms are issued. One copy is filed with the […]

Should your business be an S-Corporation?

S-Corporations are one of the most commonly recommended forms for new business owners to save taxes, however; it’s important not to rush into structuring your business as an s-corporation as you may not realize these benefits until your business reaches significant profitability. You should weigh the tax savings of having an s-corporation with the additional […]